Ferrari 360 CS detailed.

jk83

Boy Racer
I know you can see a lot of my work in the portfolio on my site but I thought I'd kick my new forum section off with a couple of jobs I was particularly proud of..

Photographing red paint close up seems to be particularly difficult so apologies for some of the images.

I was originally booked to work on this car for 2 days but it ended up being 3 pretty full days. In between my detailing it was also being fitted with Venture Shield from Nick Phelps which slowed things down a little... but in the end worked quite well.

Started on Wednesday morning a bit like this..

NicksFerrari360CS.jpg

Arches needed a good scrubbing and then all the tar removing and then the suspension components cleaned and polished up.

Before
NicksFerrari360CS3.jpg

After
NicksFerrari360CS4.jpg

then each wheel was cleaned, de-tar'd and then all the old wheel weight sticky pads removed.

Before
NicksFerrari360CS1.jpg

After
NicksFerrari360CS2.jpg

This took a few hours and then the car was pre foamed and shampooed
NicksFerrari360CS5.jpg

Once all clean it was taken indoors and clayed then taped up.

PTG readings... hmm... the owner came down and saw me and jokingly said.. oh you dont paint depth check a ferrari.

The roof seemed original, the passenger door and front end were about 200um and the rest was all 250-300um in places.

The roof corrected pretty easy with Menz IP3.02 on a polishing pad.

The bonnet needed 2 or 3 hits with the same combination.

Before
NicksFerrari360CS6.jpg

After
NicksFerrari360CS7.jpg

and thats the end of my useful photos.. I didnt get chance to set up the halogens and tripod for anymore shots so used the brinkman and flash.. and they didnt come out well atall!

Wing Before and After

NicksFerrari360CS8.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS9.jpg

All areas that i had corrected so far were then finished with Menz 106FA on a finishing pad.

That was the end of Day 1. Over night the front end was fitted with Venture Shield.

Day 2.. Started on the drivers door. This is where im more annoyed with the photos as the drivers door was covered in deep DA sanding marks and looked truely shocking!

Had to step up the pad to a megs cutting pad and used Menz Power Gloss and even then it still needed 3 hits to correct. PTG was checked and not much was being taken off each time and another odd thing i noticed was a total lack of heat build up when i was polishing. Bit odd..

Anyway before shots dont show the extent of the defects... the blur in the light is basically because the density of sanding marks were so much it just looked completely mat.

Before
NicksFerrari360CS12.jpg

After
NicksFerrari360CS13.jpg

Before
NicksFerrari360CS14.jpg

After
NicksFerrari360CS15.jpg

The rest of the car was corrected with 2-3 hits per section with the polishing pad again and IP3.02.

Once again all these panels were followed up with Menz 106FA on a finishing pad.

That was the end of day 2 (yes it took that long to do 5 panels :( )

As i was clearing up at the end of the day i took a few pics in various light of the rear quarter. Just machined and wiped down.. no wax yet.

NicksFerrari360CS18.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS19.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS20.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS21.jpg

Day 3...

Over night the doors, some of the rear quarters and sills had been fitted with Venture shield.

I started off cleaning the interior. Vacuumed, then sprayed with AG interior cleaner and wiped with a damp MF.

Then onto the engine bay and exhausts. Back box and tail pipes polished with Autosol and AG metal polish. Plastics dressed and carbon fiber HD cleansed and waxed.

Then finally on with a coat of vintage wax to finish everything off.

Tyres dressed, glass cleaned, wax buffed and finally finished..

And OH YES it was actually daylight and sunny outside...

NicksFerrari360CS22.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS23.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS24.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS25.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS26.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS27.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS28.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS32.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS33.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS34.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS35.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS36.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS37.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS38.jpg

NicksFerrari360CS39.jpg

Thanks for looking

Nathan

Last edited:
Beautiful job Nathan. You did a great job on my RS when it was being Ventureshielded by Nick. Is that Nick's old 360CS?

Ah that was yours was it

Porsche%20996%20GT3RS-02.jpg

Seems there are a lot of people on here who's cars I have already detailed :)

Hopefully Nick wont mind me saying that yes.. that was his CS with yet another excellent venture shield installation.

I should really get mine done again some time. It's kept clean, but not as clean as after a detail. You haven't by any chance got a load of photos of my car during the detail have you? Would love to have copies if you have.

Kick myself that I didn't buy Nick's CS.

Back