Eurotunnel Joke!

Hendrik

Boy Racer
What a joke!!

I just booked the Eurotunnel, doing a hardcore run again, Hamburg London and back in 24 hours. Taking the train from Calais on 03.07 and returning from Flokstone on 04.07.
EUR 74 return, which is great, about 55 quid.
However,
If I wanted to stay from the 3rd till the 5th I would have to pay 130 quid return! :out
What a joke, you want to stay 1 day more and the price tripples.

What is the logic behind that? No wonder they are struggeling if they are so bloddy expensive.

Can't you get any return journey, up to 24hrs after your booked one for the same price?

Can't you get any return journey, up to 24hrs after your booked one for the same price?

I don't care doing that whole thing in 24 hrs, I like driving, it's just a general statement, tripple price if you stay one night longer, I don't get their logic, and it's not even on a weekend! :out

They probably have to use stronger chemicals if you stay longer (which cost more) to get rid of all the french crap you have on your body :p

24hrs or less then Napalm can be used, which is cheap as its made from oranges :D

They have always had cheaper rates for the 1 night stays. It cheaper than day return too. Was £44 driving for the 1 night - can just about do the ring and back!

Oh those fucking tossas! :wall :wall :wall

I don't have a credit card, so my mum was about to book the tunnel with her Amex, and then they said that the owner of the card MUST be present.

WTF? I don't have a credit card and I don't want one, so what am I supposed to do now? I can't book the fucking tunnel because I am travelling on my own and don't have a credit card.

Stupid idiots, where is the brain behind that? :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall

Security, I think.
They want to have some way to know who you are and track you.
It could be stolen, but they have a chance to find that if you book in advance.

Can't you pay by switch or visa debit? They are traceable too.
Otherwise just apply for a card or take the ferry.
A bit of sea air is good for you.

No, I will be on my own and therefore don't want to go on the ferry.

I will need to see if they take my switch card.

Their system just sucks. :wall

You need a CC as you stick it in the machine at the tunnel to act as conformation and prove it's you

No way around that as far as I know - I know someone who booked in advance on one CC then changed CC's - when they got to Calais there was no end of rouble over it, took ages to sort out

The CC is part of the security check that you are who you say you are I suppose ?

I went on the ferry on my own on the way back from Spa.
It's not that dodgy. The big hairy truckers keep themselves to themselves.

You'll be fine.
It's all in the proper UK seafaring tradition.

I have been on the ferry before, that's not the problem. But when I am on my own with no company I prefer the tunnel, that's why.

Apparently we can get something sorted via Amex because my mum is buying it as a gift, so it is hopefully ok, I will find out by Monday.

Still a joke, stupid idiots, who is to blame? French or British? :D

Back