Elite Detailing a Porsche 964 White

Hi guys,

I did this one a while ago...

This particular car is a white C2 and 18 years old.

It's never been worked on before. The paint was dull, oxidised and flat, it was washed regularly and garaged so this was a big bonus although the paint could definatley benefit with abit of work.

I spent two full days on this getting it back to as it should. I removed approx 1 micron of paint and took about 400 paint readings. In one particular place the paint was extremely thin, so thin that if I hadn't have ran my paint tests, it would have been likely that the paintwork would have been damaged during paint correction which would have resulted in a respray.

In this particular area of the vehicle, it was likely that it had been damaged in the past and had been mopped aggressively.

Here are a few pictures.

After the wash, notice it looks clean but very flat.

IMG_4124.jpg

I removed the rear plate and I really wanted to get this car extra extra clean - its 18 years old remember and its likely that the grime has been there since day 1.

IMG_4122.jpg

After the claying session, vehicle was re washed and brought into the garage. Where I taped it up and did a full on paint inspection. After this I took some pictures of the scratches.

Bonnet:

IMG_4127.jpg

Nearside wing, take note of how flat and dull it looks:

IMG_4129.jpg

Another of the wing showing scratches:

IMG_4132.jpg

Door :

IMG_4135.jpg

After a day and a half of corrective work, the car came out for another wash. After drying the vehicle I took a quick picture of the bonnet.

IMG_4145.jpg

After which the detailing began.

A few afters,

The bonnet, no more swirls/scratches:

IMG_4190.jpg

Door, no more swirls/scratches:

IMG_4150.jpg

Number plate surround, clayed and paint corrected and also waxed:

IMG_4167.jpg

Badge was deep cleaned, spent about an hour cleaning just the badge!

IMG_4168.jpg

A few more afters. The paint looks much more brighter, sharper and deeper.

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

Most of the products used on the car above are available from www.elitedetailer.com

Thank you for looking. :)

Regards
EliteDetailer

Looks good. Is there any way of cleaning the inside of headlamps?

Why do you think the insides specifically need cleaning ?

It's usually a case of the outside being fecked over by stones and what not.
So, wet/dry paper (going to very very fine grades) and using meguiars Plastic X, and some elbow grease :)

Why do you think the insides specifically need cleaning ?

It's usually a case of the outside being fecked over by stones and what not.
So, wet/dry paper (going to very very fine grades) and using meguiars Plastic X, and some elbow grease :)

Usually evaporated and condensed matter gradually builds up on the inside surfaces / reflectors and dulls the them. All old cars with glass lenses do it. Ages the car markedly.

The sun fades plastic rear light cluster and indicators. Only solution is replace badly faded ones or the car looks a million years old.

Back