Elite Detailing a Grey BMW M3 CSL

Hi guys,

I had the pleasure of working on this CSL recently.

It was a good 500 mile round trip for this work piece.

A couple of before shots:

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

The car was initially soaked with: R222 Total Auto Wash

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

The wheels were soaked in with R222 High Performance Wheel Gel Cleaner and then washed with the hot water/Zaino Z-7 Show Car Wash mix

Meguiars Deep Pile Microfibre Wash Mitt

Boars Hair Wheel Brush

I probably spent a good 20 mins on each wheel making sure it was spotless including behind the spokes, calipers and the rest of all the nooks and crannies.

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

The shampoo I use, Zaino Z-7 Show Car Wash which is quite simpley the best car shampoo in the world.

A quick picture after the wash:

IMG_1285.jpg

It was then dried with: Ultra Safe Drying Towel and compressed air.

Then the CSL was given a good claying session with Zaino Z-18 Clay System and Meguiars Last Touch (Drying Aid) used as a lube.

A couple of action shots:

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

After the claying the CSL's paint was thoroughly inspected and then Paint Corrected

IMG_1293.jpg

Unfortunatley I couldn't get good focus on the scratches and swirls but you can kind of see them here:

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

And here are some pictures once work had been completed after 2 full days of work.

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

The wheels were sealed with a couple of coats of Zaino Z2 Pro

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

Lovely Carbon Roof now scratch free and mirror sharp:

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

The weather was pretty terrible and the sky extremely dull, although we got a few shots in:

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

Thanks for looking.

EliteDetailer :tu

Lovely, however there is the dilemma. Do you not drive it and keep it clean for slightly longer or drive it to clean the rust off the discs?!

PS Serious question: Do you take the wheels off to clean them?

Last edited:
Lovely, there is the dilemma. Do you not drive it and keep it clean for slightly longer or drive it to clean the rust off the discs?!

PS Do you take the wheels off to clean them?

Nope, you let them dry, then drive slowly apply brakes to remove rust on brakes. After which I would use compressed air to blow clean the wheels.

I didn't remove the wheels here no, just plenty of brushes and skinny arms help! a

Although I will be offering a "wheel off" option when the detailing centre is completed.

Regs
EliteDetailer :)

Last edited:
Whoops, I just drive down the road whilst lightly doing some left foot braking!....

If you can get them completely dry then thats cool. But I hate it when they still slowly drip afterward leaving a rusty water mark on the inside of the wheel.

Regs
EliteDetailer

That looks mint now :yeah:

Why do you spray it with the auto wash & not use that snow foam stuff?

Be careful, Nords will want to get the details of the owner soon :D

Back