Does anyone use a matt / 'frozen' coloured car on track?

jk83

Boy Racer
... or do you know anyone that does?

Specifically the BMW frozen range.

I've done a couple of them now but they were daily cars and despite the fact I thought the paint actually did quite well (stood up much better than the media hype suggested) I've never had to clean one after a track day.

I've now got a customer looking at a frozen white one which will be used on track a fair bit and he is asking my advice

My concern is removing rubber strikes. Most of the time they come off with a bit of tar and glue remover and a MF cloth but some very stubborn ones sometimes need a mild abrasive cleaner. Obviously on a matt / satin colour I cant use any abrasive cleaners though...

Advice appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan

... or do you know anyone that does?

Specifically the BMW frozen range.

I've done a couple of them now but they were daily cars and despite the fact I thought the paint actually did quite well (stood up much better than the media hype suggested) I've never had to clean one after a track day.

I've now got a customer looking at a frozen white one which will be used on track a fair bit and he is asking my advice

My concern is removing rubber strikes. Most of the time they come off with a bit of tar and glue remover and a MF cloth but some very stubborn ones sometimes need a mild abrasive cleaner. Obviously on a matt / satin colour I cant use any abrasive cleaners though...

Advice appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan

brake cleaner fetches rubber marks off a treat mate, all I ever use on my race car

Back