Car Magazine: Porsche 911 GT2

Price is as I expected, just over £130K.

It is interesting that they refer to the air outlet just in front of the luggage compartment as "GT3 like". It is was the 996 GT2 that had it first, IIRC.

£130k is a lot more dosh than the 997 Turbo...but I can't see the extra bits involved...I guess the 996 TT was £89k and the 996 GT2 was £116 back in 2003/4 so maybe it's a similar hike...

But the revised 996 GT2, when they upped the power, pushed the price up close to £130K I seem to remember.

The side shots just dont seem to look quite right. Iv'e not fallen in love with this thing yet.

P

996GT2 Mk2 was c£126k otr but remember it had PCCB standard which adds c£6k before you start on the options catalogue. Metallic may even have been a no cost option.

Also remember the development costs associated with a car that may only sell 1500 worldwide are enormous so Porsche Cars will just lump it on each ar and due to its exclusivity and the desire for people to show that they can easily afford the premium over a 997TT or for genuine enthusiasts who really must have one, they will all sell out quickly.

Cheers

Allan

I really like the front of the 997 GT3 RS...that looks special but the GT2 front doesn't look that special...shame cos I want it to be...

Back