Cambridge Autogleam: Porsche Boxster S and rare Alpina B8 Touring detailed

jk83

Boy Racer
Good Evening.

These details were carried out last week. the Boxster was done at Nine Excellence after they carried out some servicing work and the Alpina was at Munich Legends.

I posted a few photos as I went along so if your interested in seeing these and future cars you can follow us on or where there are lots more photos updated daily.

Also you can buy any of the products used on this detail from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk if you wanted to try detailing yourself :)

They also have a great loyalty points scheme that actually relate to real savings the next time you return.

So the Boxster was booked for a Full Correction which was done over 2 days. Many thanks to Nine Excellence for accommodating me and giving me plenty of space and time to carry out my work.

All original paint on the Boxster and only 90-100microns of paint so some deeper marks were left. Typical sticky porsche paint meant polishing was difficult and created lots of dust. Because of the difficult paint the finishing polishing was done with a Meguairs G220 DA polisher which seems to work lots better on the sticky porsche paint.

Some Before and After shots. The paint is always wiped down with a panel wipe to remove polishing oils after each section is polished so the correction you are seeing is actual real correction and not covered over by any products.

GerardPorscheBoxster-01.jpg

GerardPorscheBoxster-02.jpg

GerardPorscheBoxster-03.jpg

Sorry about the dust but this is as the back end was finished.
GerardPorscheBoxster-04.jpg

I did a bit of a time lapse video on the drivers door as well

[video=youtube_share;TkPqo_i3H68]http://youtu.be/TkPqo_i3H68[/video]

GerardPorscheBoxster-05.jpg

GerardPorscheBoxster-06.jpg

Once all the polishing was finally complete the car was given a coat of Wolfs Hard Body sealant. Wheels were sealed with CarPro Reload and tyres were dressed with CarPro PERL. Glass was sealed with Wolfs Glass Guard.

During the wash stage I had also spent a long time scrubbing the roof and then it was sealed with GTechniq I1.

A quick photo of this repelling the water from my iphone.
601513_429830757085300_1369770814_n.png

Anyway here are a few finished photos. Customer was obviously over the moon with the transformation.

GerardPorscheBoxster-07.jpg

GerardPorscheBoxster-08.jpg

GerardPorscheBoxster-09.jpg

GerardPorscheBoxster-10.jpg

GerardPorscheBoxster-11.jpg

Next up was this rare Alpina B8 Touring. Just 27 of these made and this was number 19. 4.6 V8 engine. Oh yes its done 280,000 miles!

The car had actually just been fully restored and resprayed. It still needed 2 days of polishing though. It was then protected with 2 coats of Zymol Vintage wax.

ChrisAlpinaB8-01.jpg

ChrisAlpinaB8-02.jpg

ChrisAlpinaB8-03.jpg

ChrisAlpinaB8-04.jpg

ChrisAlpinaB8-05.jpg

ChrisAlpinaB8-06.jpg

ChrisAlpinaB8-07.jpg

ChrisAlpinaB8-08.jpg

Thanks for looking and please leave a comment if you enjoyed the photos or have any questions.

Nathan

Last edited:
Back