Cambridge Autogleam: Pagani Zonda S Roadster Correction Detail video

jk83

Boy Racer
Hello. Been a while due to having too much work to sit down and catch up with videos and photos and I also selfishly went on holiday :beer-fresh:

Hopefully this Zonda will give you something to smile about on a Thursday afternoon

You can keep up with my work on various social media sites. A follow or a like would be appreciated. There are also over 300 cars in my online portfolio now so have a browse

and now on instgram.

Change to 1080p for the best viewing. Either click this link (http://youtu.be/NKfh1BI50cE) or watch embedded in the window below.

[video=youtube;NKfh1BI50cE]www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKfh1BI50cE[/video]

So a couple of months ago now I was asked to improve this Pagani Zonda S Roadster. Then it got cancelled as the customer locked himself out of the car and almost had to resort to breaking a window to get back in :wall: Turns out if the battery goes flat and the external trickle charge point is broken then these cars are a right PITA to get into as the doors need to open before you can open the engine cover but for the doors to open, the windows need to drop about 2" when you pull the handle and with no battery... they don't drop.

A couple of weeks later it was all back on though and as we stood in the garage looking at this fine yellow beast the customer joked "It would be funny if the battery was flat again" :eek:

Seconds later we realised it wasn't actually all that funny and not only was the battery flat but the make shift cable he had made to touch the battery terminal and give the car some juice... Yes.. it was inside the car. :yeah::yeah::wall::wall:

Many hours later after a trip to buy more industrial cable and several attempts poking that cable virtually blindly into the engine bay in the hope it would touch the battery terminal, we had everything powered up and we were in.

To avoid this happening again I fitted a Ctek charger connection to the battery, extended the cable, and routed the plug to somewhere that was hidden but easy to access should the car die again with everything closed. :whistling:

Anyway.. on with the detail.

Tyres were cleaned with Autoglym acid free wheel cleaner and Wheels with Autofinesse Iron Out and then brushed inside and out

A strong APC mix was then used for the pre wash which was applied and left for a few minutes before being pressure rinsed with the main aim to remove all the dirt from the car, not just rinse the foam off.

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-001.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-002.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-003.jpg

In the video you will see that we had the front and rear clams open next to de grease and clean suspension and engine components.

Next was the shampoo, Auto Finesse Lather.

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-004.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-005.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-006.jpg

The car was then dried and clayed although the claying didn't show up any dirt, but best to be safe as if you don't clay the car and realise there are bonded contaminates later during polishing it can be a pain to then get the car wet again.

Most of the defects on the paint were light swirls (although with the hard paint this still required a lot of polishing) and sanding micro-marring, neither of which photographed well so I just have this before and after of the carbon roof.

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-012.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-013.jpg

This was achieved with a 2 stage polishing process, first with Megs cutting compound on a Megs MF pad and then with Menz 106FA on a red Lake Country pad both with the Flex 3401VRG machine.

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-008.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-009.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-010.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-011.jpg

With the loss of working time early on the first day I then didn't take many photos but there is more video footage of all the polishing and lots of lovely little intricate details on this car.

The paint and carbon was then given a coat of Wolfs Bodyguard... a product which despite my initial complaints about how it worked is now one of my favourites for its looks and durability.

Wheels where hand polished and then protected with Gtechniq C1
Tyres with CarPro PERL
Glass with RainX
Leather with Gtechniq L1
Fabric part of the removable roof with Gtechniq I1
Metal parts withGtechniq C1
Black plastics and rubbers with Gtechniq T1

I think thats everything... now for lots of pictures. Really impressed with both the build and the finish on this low production car.

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-014.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-015.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-016.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-017.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-018.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-019.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-020.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-021.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-022.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-023.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-024.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-025.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-026.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-027.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-028.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-029.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-030.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-031.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-032.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-033.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-034.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-035.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-036.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-037.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-038.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-039.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-040.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-041.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-042.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-043.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-044.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-045.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-046.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-047.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-048.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-049.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-050.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-051.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-052.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-053.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-054.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-055.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-056.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-057.jpg

KevinPaganiZondaSRoadster-058.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Nathan

Last edited:
Stunning work...top effort.

What system do you use for water filtration? I currently use a system made by Ionic but replacement cylinders are a bit too expensive. Makes cleaning cars and windows a whole lot easier though.

Back