Cambridge Autogleam: Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series

jk83

Boy Racer
Afternoon. This brand new C63 Black Series was detailed on wednesday so thought I'd pull my finger out and get the pics online asap this time.

As always you can follow us on or where there are lots more photos updated daily.

In general the paint was in pretty good condition from the dealer. A few swirls and buffer trails here and there where someone had obviously had a go at polishing it.

You can see the slight haze emanating from the light here
PeterMercedesC63AMGBlack-02.jpg

And after
PeterMercedesC63AMGBlack-03.jpg

During polishing
PeterMercedesC63AMGBlack-01.jpg

And again with the inspection lamp.
Before
PeterMercedesC63AMGBlack-04.jpg

After
PeterMercedesC63AMGBlack-05.jpg

All together half the bonnet, both front wings, both vents just infront of the rear arches, the filler cap, the boot lid, the rear bumper and the near side rear arch all needed polishing.

PeterMercedesC63AMGBlack-06.jpg

Once all that was complete it was time to start applying 3 layers of protection.

First was a layer of Blackfire paint sealant, which even on its own is a great product but this was then topped with 2 coats of Zymol Vintage wax. Mean while the interior was cleaned and glass sealed, tyres dressed etc.

The end result.... Pure Evil!

PeterMercedesC63AMGBlack-07.jpg

PeterMercedesC63AMGBlack-08.jpg

PeterMercedesC63AMGBlack-09.jpg

PeterMercedesC63AMGBlack-10.jpg

PeterMercedesC63AMGBlack-11.jpg

PeterMercedesC63AMGBlack-12.jpg

PeterMercedesC63AMGBlack-13.jpg

PeterMercedesC63AMGBlack-14.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Nathan

Once all that was complete it was time to start applying 3 layers of protection.

First was a layer of Blackfire paint sealant, which even on its own is a great product but this was then topped with 2 coats of Zymol Vintage wax. Mean while the interior was cleaned and glass sealed, tyres dressed etc.

The end result.... Pure Evil!

PeterMercedesC63AMGBlack-07.jpg

Nathan

Nice work :tu. I suppose the Zymol has to be reapplied fairly frequently on top of the Blackfire.

Nice work :tu. I suppose the Zymol has to be reapplied fairly frequently on top of the Blackfire.

No more than usual. Whenever i return to top these up its always a job applying the snow foam as they are still so hydrophobic that it all slides right off in a matter of seconds.

Having the blackfire underneath just gives that extra protection incase something does end up sitting on the paint for a while and will hopefully help prevent it bonding to the paint at all. So far so good.

Thanks.

Shame I couldn't get outside to take a pic as from a bit further away the front end just looks insane.

That looks fantastic.

I've just installed some spot lights in my garage and have noticed the Zonda could do with some paint correction. Being carbon fibre does it present any extra challenges?

I've just installed some spot lights in my garage and have noticed the Zonda could do with some paint correction. Being carbon fibre does it present any extra challenges?

I love the way the Zonda is casually mention :tu

That looks fantastic.

In a way.. With non metallic surfaces I need to be a bit more careful with heat build up but I've done plenty of carbon or fibreglass now.

Where are you based? Would love to detail a zonda :)

Back