Cambridge Autogleam: Mclaren MP4-12C Enhancement Detail

jk83

Boy Racer
Hello.

This customer contacted me when he was purchasing the car but in the end the Mclaren dealer arranged for their own detailer to carry out what was according to them "a £900 detail". When the customer wasn't happy they sent someone else out to valet the car at the owners house and when this still wasn't good enough I stepped in :)

For anyone in the process of buying a car from a dealer, whether it be new or used, bear in mind their in house contracted valeters don't have the skill and are rarely given the time to ensure your car is presented to you in the best possible condition. When you consider my costs are often the same if not cheaper than what a dealer will charge for a new car protection, hopefully I've made it a pretty simple choice when your deciding who will look after your new car.

Anyway back to the Mclaren. Having only covered 1000 miles its hard to know how they had got it so wrong but despite a claimed £900 detail the paint felt very rough and under my inspection lights there were several areas that needed perfecting.

Claying the whole car fixed the rough paint issue and then each panel was machine polished with varying grades of polish compound to remove some fine scuffs and swirls and polishing marks (presumably left from the previous 'detail')

The whole car was then cleansed with Wolfs Shine and Seal. This is a great one step product to clean the paint of any polishing oils and lay down a base coat sealant ready for the Wolfs Hard Body sealant of which I applied 2 coats.

Other finishing dressings complete and interior cleaned the customer was finally happy with his car.

AntonyMclaren-01.jpg

AntonyMclaren-02.jpg

AntonyMclaren-03.jpg

AntonyMclaren-04.jpg

AntonyMclaren-05.jpg

AntonyMclaren-06.jpg

AntonyMclaren-07.jpg

AntonyMclaren-08.jpg

AntonyMclaren-09.jpg

AntonyMclaren-10.jpg

If your buying a car and just want to discuss options please feel free to call, there is no obligation to go ahead and book me for any work.

Thanks for looking and as usual have a look at our social media sites and follow to keep up to date with pics etc.

or and now on instgram.

Thank you.

Nathan

Back