Cambridge Autogleam: Light Car Company Rocket, Ariel Atom, Porsche 997 C2S all in Red

jk83

Boy Racer
I'll bunch these all together as they were the same customer.. and he clearly has a thing for red cars :)

First up is the LCC Rocket.. as designed by Gordon Murray. This is a later build than the original 90s cars. Built in 2007 from an original chassis.

All single stage fiat racing red paint on a fibreglass body, it wasn't the easiest colour to work on but it looked stunning once complete.

Machine polished with Menzerna 203s on a variety of pads and then refined with the DA polisher and Menzerna 106FA before applying Wolfs Seal and Shine and then Wolfs Hard Body sealant.

Before Polishing
NicksLCCRocket-01.jpg

After Polishing
NicksLCCRocket-02.jpg

Before Polishing
NicksLCCRocket-03.jpg

After Polishing
NicksLCCRocket-04.jpg

And the finished result from various angles.

NicksLCCRocket-05.jpg

NicksLCCRocket-06.jpg

NicksLCCRocket-07.jpg

NicksLCCRocket-08.jpg

NicksLCCRocket-09.jpg

NicksLCCRocket-10.jpg

NicksLCCRocket-11.jpg

NicksLCCRocket-12.jpg

NicksLCCRocket-13.jpg

NicksLCCRocket-14.jpg

Once complete I gave the atom some attention. Not much to polish and it was late so not many photos but owner was very happy and appreciative seeing as it wasnt even booked in

NicksAtom-01.jpg

NicksAtom-02.jpg

The previous week I'd also detailed this 997 C2S 3.8 and it hadn't been out of the garage since I completed it.

Same detailing process and products as the Rocket above.

NicksPorsche997-01.jpg

NicksPorsche997-02.jpg

NicksPorsche997-03.jpg

NicksPorsche997-04.jpg

NicksPorsche997-05.jpg

NicksPorsche997-06.jpg

NicksPorsche997-07.jpg

NicksPorsche997-08.jpg

As always.. comment and feedback are welcome and you can follow on or and now on instgram.

Many thanks for looking.

Back