Cambridge Autogleam: Lamborghini Gallardo Bicolore Full Correction Detail

jk83

Boy Racer
Good evening.

I detailed this car a few weeks ago at the customers house after a road trip to scotland. The owner had driven straight to scotland from picking the car up from CG Performance after a Paint Protection Film install so I was interested to see how the film had performed. Happily, not only is this latest film excellent when first applied, it seems to stand up better than its predecessor to bug splatter.

As usual you can keep up with my work on various social media sites. A follow or a like would be appreciated. There are also over 270 cars in our online portfolio now so have a browse. www.cambridgeautogleam.com

or and now on instgram.

Apologies yet again for the lack of photos during the work. Hopefully this will be changing over the next few jobs as I now have a new apprentice and one of his tasks will be to get a few more photos throughout the day. All too often I set out with good intentions to photograph the work but as the job starts it quickly becomes apparent its going to take all my time just trying to finish the job before midnight (this particular job was finished at 10pm!!).

The bonnet, wings, bumper, A-pillars, sills, lower rear arches were all filmed but the doors, rear quarter panels, roof, engine cover and rear bumper were very swirled and the paint was pretty hard. Being white it was difficult to capture the swirls on the main panels but this photo of the roof will give you an idea of the condition of the paint all over..

SamLamborghiniGallardoBicolore-01.jpg

And after much machine polishing...

SamLamborghiniGallardoBicolore-02.jpg

A brief video showing the difference..

[video=youtube;JjMjcovJFks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjMjcovJFks[/video]

Once fully corrected the interior was cleaned, leather conditioned, glass cleaned and coated with rainx, exhausts polished and sealed, tyres dressed and bodywork waxed with Dodo Juice supernatural wax.

The final photos at 10pm

SamLamborghiniGallardoBicolore-03.jpg

SamLamborghiniGallardoBicolore-04.jpg
SamLamborghiniGallardoBicolore-05.jpg
SamLamborghiniGallardoBicolore-06.jpg
SamLamborghiniGallardoBicolore-07.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Nathan Willits

thats a stunning car!

regarding your comment about the bug-splatter on the see-through paint protection film; I have a very good film on mine, but after some 3k km's I have so much bug-splatter 'residue' on it that I can see depending on how the light is on the bonnet. Normal person wouldn't see it I guess, but it drives me nuts.

Am I wrong in assuming the only way to get rid of this, is by removing the film, and placing a brand new film?

thats a stunning car!

regarding your comment about the bug-splatter on the see-through paint protection film; I have a very good film on mine, but after some 3k km's I have so much bug-splatter 'residue' on it that I can see depending on how the light is on the bonnet. Normal person wouldn't see it I guess, but it drives me nuts.

Am I wrong in assuming the only way to get rid of this, is by removing the film, and placing a brand new film?

Unfortunately there isnt a product or technique that I came across that gets rid of the bug splatter that etches into the film. This newer film seems not to suffer anywhere near as badly / at all. This was a good test as the film is at its most delicate just after its applied so for it to perform so well with a road trip directly after installation is a very good sign. Of course the sooner the bugs are washed off the better in all instances.

Back