Cambridge Autogleam: Ford Capri 280 and Ferrari 456 detailed

jk83

Boy Racer
Good evening.

Trying to catch up on photos of recent work. Its been a pretty amazing start to the year and the busiest I can remember.

As usual you can keep up with my work on various social media sites. A follow or a like would be appreciated. There are also over 270 cars in our online portfolio now so have a browse. www.cambridgeautogleam.com

or and now on instgram.

First up this Ferrari 456. It was booked in for a "get it as good as you can get in a day" and I made the mistake of biting off more than I could chew which resulted in pretty much a full correction but also resulted in me working 8am - 12.50am!! and with travel time I was out of the house 6:30am - 2am. Needless to say I was pretty shattered but as you will see... hopefully the time was worth it.

When I arrived the car was pretty grubby having recently been on a trip to France in some pretty bad weather.

HowardsFerrari456-01.jpg

HowardsFerrari456-02.jpg

HowardsFerrari456-03.jpg

The paint wasn't in great condition and this is where I made my mistake of trying to get it too perfect considering the time. This level of correction required multiple polishing hits with 3m Fast Cut Plus XL on a Scholl wool pad followed by Menzerna 106FA on a Lake Country green finishing pad.

Before
HowardsFerrari456-04.jpg

After
HowardsFerrari456-05.jpg

Before
HowardsFerrari456-06.jpg

After
HowardsFerrari456-07.jpg

Before
HowardsFerrari456-10.jpg

After
HowardsFerrari456-11.jpg

HowardsFerrari456-12.jpg

MUCH later once the whole car was finally corrected the paint was waxed with Dodo Juice Supernatural wax.
HowardsFerrari456-13.jpg

HowardsFerrari456-14.jpg

HowardsFerrari456-15.jpg

HowardsFerrari456-16.jpg

Also detailed recently was this Ford Capri 280. Only 24000 miles but it smelt quite musty inside from being stored for a few years. Front seats were removed and the carpets were wet vac'd, leather was cleaned and then a Dakota 'odor bomb' was used and the doors left shut for several hours so the deodorising fog could penetrate every surface.

While the odor bomb was doing its thing I gave the paint a quick polish (even though I was only booked for a Protection Detail) and then waxed the car with Dodo Juice Supernatural again. Plastic trims were treated with Wolfs Trim Coat. Tyres dressed with Car Pro PERL.

KenFordCapri280-01.jpg

KenFordCapri280-02.jpg

KenFordCapri280-03.jpg

KenFordCapri280-04-1.jpg

KenFordCapri280-05.jpg

KenFordCapri280-06.jpg

KenFordCapri280-07.jpg

There are a few more photos on my facebook and twitter that I took as I was working.

As usual thanks for looking.

Nathan

Last edited:
Nathan did a great job on the Capri, it's looking stunning. I finally managed to get a tax disc for it today so if it's a nice day on Sunday I will bring it over to Silverstone.

interesting that it shares a threat with the 456, I used to have one of those in TDF Blue, the one in the picture is a mk1 the same as mine, a very pretty car.

Wow! Forgot how good your work is.

You must post up more often

Thank you. I try to update my website and the forum as much as I can but I've had so much work I havent had as much time to sort out photos etc. I regularly update facebook and twitter as im working so why not follow me there as well :)

Nathan did a great job on the Capri, it's looking stunning. I finally managed to get a tax disc for it today so if it's a nice day on Sunday I will bring it over to Silverstone.

interesting that it shares a threat with the 456, I used to have one of those in TDF Blue, the one in the picture is a mk1 the same as mine, a very pretty car.

Thanks Ken. Has the smell stayed away? It might be worth doing another one of the odor bombs after a while just to make sure it gets its all.

Thanks Ken. Has the smell stayed away? It might be worth doing another one of the odor bombs after a while just to make sure it gets its all.

Yes it seems ok, looking forward to driving it this weekend, it's taken ages to get it taxed

Back