Cambridge Autogleam: Ferrari Enzo Correction Detail - Full Write Up and Video updated

jk83

Boy Racer
Hello. I decided to update this thread rather than make a new one..

So... for those that don't follow me on facebook or twitter (my pages were covered with pics of this).. last week I detailed an Enzo. Now in reality there shouldn't really be a difference between this and any other job... but lets face it, most people like to see a hyper car rather than a Golf GTI.

10277059_609969375738103_6251269486488705610_n.jpg

So I've made a little video. Please don't take it too seriously. I've just done it as a bit of fun and to showcase what I can do for your car (even if it isn't an Enzo :)

As usual you can keep up with my work on various social media sites. A follow or a like would be appreciated. There are also over 290 cars in our online portfolio now so have a browse. www.cambridgeautogleam.com

or and now on instgram.

Please change to HD for best viewing experience
[video=youtube;cFKO4uZzkTk]http://youtu.be/cFKO4uZzkTk[/video]

I've finally finished going through all the photos and video from this detail. Not sure I'll do a write up this in depth every time simply down to the time it takes to put together but here we go....

We arrived at 7:45am (having left home at 6am) to be greeted with a rather wonderful sight. (and yes that is the plate it drives around on :) )

BarryFerrariEnzo-001.jpg

This particular Enzo is one of the original UK cars and has been owned from new by this customer. Its covered around 18000 miles in 10 years which is fairly high for a car of this type. Its usual aesthetic maintenance consists of being dry dusted even after a short drive and an occasional Autoglym super resin hand polish so it was well due a bit of pampering.

I should also say that this isn't quite a 'Full Correction' detail. We basically had 2 days to complete everything so rather than chase every single mark I opted for one harder cut polish to get the worst out and then refine. So view it as more of an extreme enhancement detail.

As well as document the detail with photographs, I've made a video covering almost everything that was done. There are no captions to distract you and its set to some (IMO) funky music so please take time to have a look

As usual I started off with the wheels. The tyres, wheel face and barrel was soaked with Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner. I still find this an excellent product for getting road grim and old dressings off the tyres and its perfectly safe to use regularly without discolouring brake components while still giving enough cleaning power to easily clean mild brake dust build up.

BarryFerrariEnzo-002.jpg

The arches were sprayed with All Purpose Cleaner and rinsed and then the arch and wheel were sprayed with Autoglym tar and glue remover and dissolved tar spots were wiped off with a microfibre towel.

BarryFerrariEnzo-003.jpg

I did try Autofinesse Iron out on the wheels but there was zero contamination so nothing to really photograph.

The car was then covered with foam to start softening any dirt and to start help strip any protection / fillers from the paint.

BarryFerrariEnzo-004.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-005.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-006.jpg

.. and after a few minutes this was rinsed off. Remember at this point you are washing the dirt off, not just the foam, so work slowly and methodically coving all of the car.

BarryFerrariEnzo-007.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-008.jpg

Then it was shampooed with Auto Finesse lather and a two bucket method (one bucket with clean soapy water and one to agitate your mitt in once you have cleaned a section before picking up new clean shampoo... for those that don't know)

BarryFerrariEnzo-009.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-010.jpg

At this stage I also covered the lower panels with tar remover and then iron out and neither showed any signs of contamination so It was rinsed again and dried down ready for polishing.

BarryFerrariEnzo-011.jpg

Now.. red isn't the easiest colour to capture defects so out of the hundreds of photos I took, these were the best ones.

BarryFerrariEnzo-012.jpg

Not TOO bad but it can certainly be improved. Thankfully in a way the paint was extremely hard so starting with the softest combination I had and working up it took me all the way to Meguiars D300 on a Meguiars microfibre pad before any progress was made. This was then refined with Menzerna 203s on a Chemical guys hex-logic pad... and this was the result by way of a 50/50 photo

BarryFerrariEnzo-013.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-014.jpg

You can see more before and after shots in the video.

Polishing was done with the Flex 3401 VRG and a Kestrel DAS-6 Power Plus polisher.

BarryFerrariEnzo-015.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-016.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-017.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-018.jpg

After each section was complete, the panel was wiped down with Gtechniq PW to removed polishing oils and give a true idea of the actual correction. This was down after both the compounding stage and the refining stage.

BarryFerrariEnzo-019.jpg

I should probably introduce Matteo at this point. He has been my apprentice for a while now and is a very fast learner and hard worker. While I was getting on with the correction work he was busy cleaning the interior, engine bay and other little bits around the car.

Interior was vacuumed and all surfaces cleaned with Wolfs interior cleaner. Leather was later conditioned with Autoglym Leather Balm

BarryFerrariEnzo-020.jpg

Door shuts and interior carbon was polished and protected with Werkstat Prime Strong (my new favourite product). Again with more time I'd have liked to properly machine polish these areas but this had to do for now.

BarryFerrariEnzo-021.jpg

Wheels were sealed with Wolfs Rim Guard and tyres dressed with Car Pro PERL

BarryFerrariEnzo-022.jpg

Satin black parts such as the diffuser were cleaned and protected with products from the Swissvax Opaque range

BarryFerrariEnzo-023.jpg

The exhausts were given a quick polish with Autoglym metal polish. Due to the backbox being removed there wasn't a big silencer to polish in the engine bay unlike other details you may have seen :)

BarryFerrariEnzo-024.jpg

Engine carbon was all polished and protected with Werkstat Prime Strong as was the glass window leading into the cabin and the underside of the engine cover glass

BarryFerrariEnzo-025.jpg

Back to the paint work now and once all the polishing was finally complete and everything had been thoroughly wiped down with the panel wipe, a coat of Vintage wax was applied...

BarryFerrariEnzo-026.jpg

...and buffed off

BarryFerrariEnzo-027.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-028.jpg

And that just about sums it up.. There now follows quite a few photos of the finished car from various similar angles :) Enjoy.

BarryFerrariEnzo-029.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-030.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-031.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-032.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-033.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-034.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-035.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-036.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-037.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-038.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-039.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-040.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-041.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-042.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-043.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-044.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-045.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-046.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-047.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-048.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-049.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-050.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-051.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-052.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-053.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-054.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-055.jpg

BarryFerrariEnzo-056.jpg

Thanks for looking.. I'll be seeing this car again as I've been booked to return to look after some of his other cars...

1604703_608646159203758_845156991388203180_n.jpg

Nathan

Last edited:
Back