Cambridge Autogleam: Ferrari 599 GTO Correction Detail with video - Gtechniq EXO

jk83

Boy Racer
Afternoon.

Next up to show you is this lovely Ferrari 599 GTO. Its Nero Black (non metallic) with a metallic silver stripe. Originally a swiss car it was imported by the previous owner.

You can keep up with my work on various social media sites. A follow or a like would be appreciated. There are also over 290 cars in my online portfolio now so have a browse

and now on instgram.

I've made another little video showing some before and after paint correction and a 50/50 shot and showing the application of the Gtechniq Exo along with lots of finished shots of the car. Change to 720p or 1080p for the best viewing.

[video=youtube;qqIkJPJoZa4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqIkJPJoZa4[/video]

Ok so no photos of the wash stage this time as I wasn't planning on doing a full write up but it was the same as the Enzo (see previous thread / video).

So.. straight onto the paint and well.. it was a bit of a mess! As I'm sure you all know, solid non metallic black is pretty much the hardest colour to get right and it shows every single mark.

Paint correction was done with the Flex 3401VRG and with Meguiars d300 correction compound on either a Lake Country 140mm HT tangerine polishing pad or a Scholl 165mm blue polishing pad depending on panel size. This polished out the swirls in 1-2 hits but left the panel very hazy so this was then refined with Menzerna 106FA on either a 5.5" or 6.5" Lake Country CSS Finishing pad.

LeeFerrari599GTO-005.jpg

Some 50/50 shots where I've taped up the panel and polished one side to show the difference.

LeeFerrari599GTO-001.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-003.jpg

A finished shot of the boot lid.

LeeFerrari599GTO-006.jpg

As I say not many photos as it wasn't intended to be a full write up and also polishing took SOOOO long I just didn't have time to take many.

I was wiping down each panel with Gtechniq PW as I went along but when polishing was complete I gave the whole car another wipe down with the PW to ensure it was completely free of polishing oils.

Now a long time ago I was sent some Gtechniq bits to sample and I must admit I didn't get on with them that well. Whether that was down to my application techniques I'm not sure but having seen lots of other detailers good results with the rage I decided to give them another go and after a few test cars / panels I was happy to try it on the GTO.

LeeFerrari599GTO-007.jpg

I wont lie. I'm still not a fan of the application. It takes significantly longer than a regular wax or even Wolfs Hard Body which I have enjoyed using recently but hopefully the durability will be worth the extra work.

This particular bottle didn't seem to drip the product out very well and it also seemed to cure MUCH faster than the previous bottle so there was lots of re applying and re buffing needed.

LeeFerrari599GTO-008.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-009.jpg

We also removed the front grill to clean behind and this was then sealed with Gtechniq C4

LeeFerrari599GTO-010.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-011.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-012.jpg

2 coats of EXO were applied to the whole car in the end
Glass sealed with RainX
Wheels sealed with Wolfs Rim Shield
Tyres with CarPro PERL
Satin carbon with Swissvax Opaque
Door / boot / bonnet shuts with Werkstat Prime Strong
Exhaust tips polished with Autosol
Interior vacuumed and wiped with Wolfs Insider
Interior satin carbon with Swissvax Opaque.

I THINK thats everything.. Here are some photos on one shiny GTO

LeeFerrari599GTO-013.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-014.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-015.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-016.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-017.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-018.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-019.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-020.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-021.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-022.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-023.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-024.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-025.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-026.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-027.jpg

LeeFerrari599GTO-028.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Feel free to post questions or comments or just chat about how nice the car is :)

Looks fantastic!

By the way, I always used 3 buckets and tried to clean as carefully as poss

Back