Cambridge Autogleam: Audi S4 Avant Gtechniq Crystal Serum new car treatment.

jk83

Boy Racer
Hello.

As you've probably already seen, Cambridge Autogleam is now Gtechniq Accredited. While this doesn't change the way we go about detailing and machine polishing the car, it gives us access to an impressive range of protective coatings that we can apply once we have perfected the paint.

[table="width: 1000"]
[tr]
[td="width: 170"]
CS.png
[/td]
[td]

This includes Gtechniq's flagship product, Crystal Serum. Like no other product, Crystal Serum provides paint protection with previously unachievable levels of gloss, durability, scratch and chemical resistance.

Its composite structure offers the ultimate in ceramic protection plus the same slick finish and deep gloss as the very best carnauba waxes.

The hard 9h top and softer 7h base layer offer improved swirl resistance over regular 9h coatings. Compared to standard ceramic coatings, Crystal Serum forms a relatively thick combined film which greatly reduces surface hazing and improves gloss.

Resistant to chemicals from ph2 to ph13, so when you clean your car, even the harshest wash chemicals will not dull your gloss. And on top of that, contaminants like bird droppings are easyto remove.

Crystal Serum is unaffected by extreme heat changes, even from -40 to +250 degrees Celsius and offers exceptional UV protection which prevents premature dulling.

Crystal Serum is only available from a Gtechniq Accredited Detailer and as of November 25th 2015, that includes us.​
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]​
In other news, we are also opening detailing studios in Southend, Essex and Foxton nr Cambridge where, if you haven't got a suitable garage, you can drop or transport you car for us to carry out our detailing work.

Our Website

And we are still all over social media where you can see all the cars as we work on them

Right sorry for all the blurb.. now for some shiny car photos.

Like most new cars there were a few defects to sort out. On the whole these were few and far between on this new Audi S4 Avant Black Edition but the door pillars needed some serious love.

Before / After
23602166931_14b8568e90_o.jpg

Both Matteo and I busily polishing away
23658555706_097d2254e6_z_d.jpg

23658553986_3ba7a3e008_z_d.jpg

Paint perfected it was time for the Gtechniq Crystal Serum coating
23684632965_75aff1d622_z_d.jpg

This is quite a tricky product to apply and if I'm honest I much prefer applying the old school waxes or polymer sealants, however the advantages of the coating far outweigh the annoying application, so its worth taking the time.

A small area is coated and then immediately buffed. If your too slow the product can cure with the application lines visible and will require wet sanding to remove.
23576095602_edab0a546d_o.jpg

23056495404_a52becdc3c_o.jpg

The gloss and slickness is extremely impressive!
23057594113_a4090f946a_o.jpg

Once the paint was all coated other surfaces were protected.

Glass with Gtechniq G1 rain repellent lasting up to 20,000 miles
23316697909_54a0d05c93_z_d.jpg

23056505014_d0a7a982de_z_d.jpg

Wheels and exhaust tips with Gtechniq C5 to give around 1 year of protection
23658578096_d96485a904_z_d.jpg

23602194281_060bebc83c_z_d.jpg

As with all of these jobs I then started to run out of time so no photos of the next bits.

Tyres were dressed with Gtechniq T1
Interior cleaned and protected with Gtechniq I2 Triclean and then I1 and L1 with Biocote® giving liquid and stain protection as well as being antibacterial.
The paint was then given an final wipe down with Gtechniq C2 to give added gloss and extreme water repellency.

The finished car looked ... well as stunning as a new car should!

23316929969_15b60be23d_o.jpg

23658809756_034b7a5ee4_o.jpg

23057615453_c1a0f26d3b_o.jpg

23684665265_3fd00fd557_o.jpg

23388997620_e392ca483d_o.jpg

Thanks for looking.

If your buying a new car and would like us to carry out the new car prep instead of the dealer feel free to get in touch now to discuss the options.
info@cambridgeautogleam.com

Nathan

Last edited:
Looks fab as always mate.

So how long is this stuff meant to last ?

I find whatever I put on my cayenne, it doesn't last long as the car sits outdoors, so the elements quickly wear it away.

G.

Looks fab as always mate.

So how long is this stuff meant to last ?

I find whatever I put on my cayenne, it doesn't last long as the car sits outdoors, so the elements quickly wear it away.

G.

It comes with a 7 year warranty against paint oxidisation, discolouring / staining and lacquer failure from bird mess.

Gtechniq are saying the product will still be active on the paint within this time.

I'm not selling it on this basis personally although its a nice back up claim to have and many other detailers I've spoken to have really rated the product over a long period. Also there is nothing that beats regular washing. People shouldn't be fooled in thinking that applying this coating will magically mean they no longer need to maintain their car.

All that said this Crystal Serum does offer the best in terms of chemical resistance so even strong car wash chemicals will not strip it off and is also un affect by temperature from from -40 to +250 degrees Celsius

All of that said I'd expect no less than 24 - 36 months strong performance with semi regular Gtechniq C2 wipe on wipe off top ups.

It comes with a 7 year warranty against paint oxidisation, discolouring / staining and lacquer failure from bird mess.

Gtechniq are saying the product will still be active on the paint within this time.

Great job Nathan :tu

Is Gtechniq a big outfit to offer such long warranties? 12-24 months claim is probably more believable imo for these coating types.

Great job Nathan :tu

Is Gtechniq a big outfit to offer such long warranties? 12-24 months claim is probably more believable imo for these coating types.

Gtechniq have been around since 2001 and out of all the new style coating companies (modesta, ixtar G3, williams, car pro etc) they seem to have the best range and best idea of where they are headed. I think they will be the name that is still around in 5+ years.

12-24 is probably realistic for C1 yes.. although C1 it self has a 5 year warranty.
Crystal Serum should give noticeably better and longer results though.

Things that can make it appear that the coating has failed when actually it hasn't. Using shampoo's with their own glossing agent in. The way these coatings work is like a lotus leaf where the surface is actually textured when viewed microscopically

210px-Lotus3.jpg

Block these little 'hairs' with shampoos that try to leave their own hydrophobic coating and you will dull the effect of the sealant.

If this happens you can 'refresh' the coating by washing the car with Gtechniq G wash. Then spray neat Gtechniq W5 APC and / or Gtechniq W6 fallout remover onto the panel and wipe it down carefully, rinse and then dry.

Top work as ever Nathan :tu

I've had Dodo Juice Nano on the last few car and found it pretty good... but might up the ante and try GTechniq next time

Back