Cambridge Autogleam: 2014 Range Rover Sport. Lots of polishing needed on a new car

jk83

Boy Racer
Afternoon. Just catching up with some more recent work.

This 2014 Range Rover Sport was admittedly an ex demo so not technically brand new but even still, it wasn't in great condition for such an expensive vehicle.

As usual you can keep up with my work on various social media sites. A follow or a like would be appreciated. There are also over 290 cars in our online portfolio now so have a browse. www.cambridgeautogleam.com

or and now on instgram.

Apologies yet again for the lack of photos during the work. Hopefully this will be changing over the next few jobs as I now have a new apprentice and one of his tasks will be to get a few more photos throughout the day. All too often I set out with good intentions to photograph the work but as the job starts it quickly becomes apparent its going to take all my time just trying to finish the job before midnight.

This was the condition of the paint after washing.

PhilRangeRoverSport-01.jpg

PhilRangeRoverSport-03.jpg

...and after polishing..
PhilRangeRoverSport-02.jpg
PhilRangeRoverSport-04.jpg

Another quick video showing this.. change to HD for best viewing experience
[video=youtube;HGud-Sw4IlM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGud-Sw4IlM[/video]

The sides were the worse for holograms from polishing marks and the upper panels had pretty bad swirl marks.

Once polishing was complete the paint was protected with Zymol Vintage wax. Glass sealed with Rainx. Wheels sealed with wolfs rim guard.

Some finished photos.

PhilRangeRoverSport-05.jpg

PhilRangeRoverSport-06.jpg

PhilRangeRoverSport-07.jpg

PhilRangeRoverSport-08.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Nathan

Looks great in black.

I guess the problem with demo cars like this is that they get washed by the dealer every few hours to keep them looking tip-top for test drives.. can't be good for them as they must get several years worth of washes in just a couple of months and at a guess they wouldn't tend to use the two-bucket method

Back