BMW M6 detailed. 25 hr major correction. - HD video

jk83

Boy Racer
Good morning.

This car was completed last week and I was so pleased with the outcome that I've got all out and done a nice video write up again.

(This may not yet be fully uploaded / processed but please check back shortly to view in full HD)

[video=youtube;qdB4mVbN2ms]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdB4mVbN2ms[/video]

I first viewed this car back in March and it was in quite a state with some very heavy swirls and some rather deep looking marks where marks had obviously been rather poorly scrubbed off by hand in the past.

With Stuart back working (he has been out of action since January with a broken wrist), we arrived at what I have to say was a beautiful detailing space, and cracked on with the wash process. nothing too complicated here. Wheels cleaned in and out with acid free cleaner, arches cleaned, engine bay washed and de greased, car pre foamed in a strong mix of megs hyperwash and thoroughly pressure rinsed down, shampooed and dried.

ChrisBMWM6-01.jpg

ChrisBMWM6-02.jpg

ChrisBMWM6-03.jpg

ChrisBMWM6-04.jpg

I haven't included any claying photos for a long time but this was pretty filthy and every 2 sq foot area was taking 3-4 hits with the clay before it was completely contamination free. This photo was after 1 pass, then re fold the clay and do the same area again. 2-3 times later the clay would come up clean and then move onto the next section.

ChrisBMWM6-05.jpg

The polishing was carried out with 3m fast cut plus on a orange 3m cutting pad needed on most sections. The bonnet only needed 1-2 hits of this but the doors and rear quarters needed 3-4 hits to remove some of the deeper lines that looked to have been caused by bushes being rubbed along the car, or maybe it was cleaned with a brush at some point?? Either way there were some pretty horrible marks that were very difficult to remove. With the paint so hard as well we were then refining with Menzerna 3.02 on a megs polishing pad to remove any holograms or buffer trails from the fast cut plus.

Before
ChrisBMWM6-06.jpg

ChrisBMWM6-07.jpg

After
ChrisBMWM6-08.jpg

ChrisBMWM6-10.jpg

Before
ChrisBMWM6-13.jpg

After
ChrisBMWM6-14.jpg

Before
ChrisBMWM6-15.jpg

After
ChrisBMWM6-16.jpg

Left panel completed. Right panel untouched
ChrisBMWM6-17.jpg

Before
ChrisBMWM6-18.jpg

After
ChrisBMWM6-19.jpg

Before
ChrisBMWM6-20.jpg

After
ChrisBMWM6-21.jpg

Polishing was finished around 8pm. I always have grand ideas of videoing the finishing stages more but after polishing for so long I always give up on that idea and just want to get the car finished!

Exhausts polished, wheels sealed and tyres dressed with Blackfire products, paint sealed with Blackfire sealant, interior cleaned and leather treated, glass cleaned in and out.

All in about 25 man hrs and a result that exceeded my expectations given how bad some of the marks were at the begining.

ChrisBMWM6-22.jpg

ChrisBMWM6-23.jpg

ChrisBMWM6-24.jpg

ChrisBMWM6-25.jpg

ChrisBMWM6-26.jpg

ChrisBMWM6-27.jpg

ChrisBMWM6-28.jpg

ChrisBMWM6-29.jpg

ChrisBMWM6-30.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Stunning colour. I've always liked the shape of the 6 series too. Good work :tu

Do you think BMW paint is quite soft? I've seen some bad swirls on 1 year old cars (mostly 5 and 6 series).

Stunning colour. I've always liked the shape of the 6 series too. Good work :tu

Do you think BMW paint is quite soft? I've seen some bad swirls on 1 year old cars (mostly 5 and 6 series).

I wouldnt say its the softest paint in the world. Not as touch as Mercedes or Lamborghini for instance. Its about the same as Audi or Porsche though.

lovely colour and great work!! looks like it needed it. 25 hours tho?:eek: :eek: sore arm i bet?!

25 hours between myself and Stuart so a 12.5 hr day plus driving each way!

Nine posts about an M6 and Kris hasn't made an appearance yet! I'm surprised!
:haha:

:rofl:
I was thinking exactly the same thing!
He's probably still stuck in the lavvy, banging a few out!:D

:haha:

Here, here!! :haha: I'm loving this thread and i need more pictures and where are any interior shots??!!!!!! Fast fly bys:?? :D

Enjoy!! 630bhp M6 vs 720bhp RS6 driven in Russia!! :haha: :haha: :haha:

(incorrect gear used on the first race, in the M6)

[YOUTUBE]etiA7o8WwfQ[/YOUTUBE]

:scared: :yeah:

That's an absolutely stunning finish :tu

My wife's black Type R is in a bad state, 5 years old, and looks like it could use the same sort of TLC.

Back