BMW M3 E92 Exhaust Modification by BDM

Backdraft

Boy Racer
Sam kindly allowed us to use his lovely M3 to test a modification to the the existing silencer. It's a pretty straight forward operation. It involves replacing 2 of the perforated baffle pipes inside the silencer with some regular 2.5" tube. The result from such a simple mod is truly outstanding. We used 316 stainless steel for the replacement pipes for reliability.
It took us 3.5 hours in total including removing and refitting the system. As usual with exhausts, bolts and clamps can need replacing as part of the job if they are rusted.
All the cutting is done from the top of the silencer so none of the work is visible from underneath.
We can carry out the fabrication by MIG welding as we did with this car at £395 plus VAT.
A short video of the transformation...
Sams reaction described the transformation even better, but I can't use most of the words on a public forum :tu

[video=youtube;tPbnQ1mTXKk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tPbnQ1mTXKk[/video]

Last edited:
I knew he didn't do it himself!

That does sound naughty. Thinking...

Is it much louder at idle? Just thinking about my neighbours and the fact I go out at silly hours a lot.

Dont mean the the main cats, the secondary ones.

Shouldnt throw codes throw codes or need a remap.

Just chop them out and replace the pipe work?

A lot cheaper and a lot easier to reverse.

Unless I'm getting mixed up?

Dont mean the the main cats, the secondary ones.

Shouldnt throw codes throw codes or need a remap.

Just chop them out and replace the pipe work?

A lot cheaper and a lot easier to reverse.

Unless I'm getting mixed up?

The Akra, evolve, supersprint etc all remove one of the 2 sets of cats, as far as I know, even if they are advertised otherwise eventually all will start chucking errors unless you remap or fit Akra Delete-R module.

Warranty - affected as much as any aftermarket backbox I guess, only aftermarket backbox to retain full warranty is BMW performance which is stupid money. No power difference from backbox on these cars.

Back