BMW M3 CSL - the one that got away...

Damon

King Kong
Spent most of the day on DaveP's CSL, but didn't get finished :wall

I first detailed this car in the summer, but we focussed on cleaning and finishing, no paint correction.

So today was the reverse, just paint correction.

OMG :scared: The hardest paint I have worked on. 80% of the defects came out on the first pass, but the last 20% took 2 more passes.

I had to interrupt the detail and go to watch my daughters first Xmas Play, so the 1.5hrs lost really didn't help as the light runs out at 3 these days :(

Anyway the bonnet and wings now look the business...finish this one next week :tu

IMG_6860-vi.jpg

IMG_6864-vi.jpg

IMG_6916-vi.jpg

IMG_6922-vi.jpg

Before, scratches and swirling

IMG_6930-vi.jpg

Work in progress

IMG_6932-vi.jpg

Finished result, defect free ready for some luvly waxin' ;)

IMG_6935-vi.jpg

IMG_6936-vi.jpg

Sneeaky pic of DaveP :tu

IMG_6941-vi.jpg

I'll leave it to Dave to give his side of the results and the Bacon Butty review in the other thread ;)

Damnit....that photo makes me look like a ginger !

Knew the car was swirled up pretty badly, but when I saw it under the lights it was not a pretty sight !!

Damon worked super hard trying all sorts of different pad/polish combinations and eventually persuaded the beast to give up its swirls !!

Have to say, the pictures don't do it justice - you can't really tell how many there were before...

..And now ?....Well it looks fantastic ! - A lot of hard work and a lot of polish!

Looking forward to next week...it's gonna be awesome.

Cheers matey - top job! :friends:

nice job, is bmw paint a pain in the arse in general?

Yes, Porsche and BMW are the hardest to work with.

Damnit....that photo makes me look like a ginger !

Knew the car was swirled up pretty badly, but when I saw it under the lights it was not a pretty sight !!

Damon worked super hard trying all sorts of different pad/polish combinations and eventually persuaded the beast to give up its swirls !!

Have to say, the pictures don't do it justice - you can't really tell how many there were before...

..And now ?....Well it looks fantastic ! - A lot of hard work and a lot of polish!

Looking forward to next week...it's gonna be awesome.

Cheers matey - top job! :friends:

Thanks Dave :tu

The wings did come up quicker than the bonnet, so I reckon we'll crack it next week. Looking forward to seeing the quicker version of the CSL given the smooth finish to make it even quicker ;)

Forgot to add....can totally understand the satisfaction Damon must get from this... it's cool to see those swirls start to dissappear. I probably didn't help his job standing over his shoulder all day saying 'Ooh..there's still one there !'

Hahahaa...

Forgot to add....can totally understand the satisfaction Damon must get from this... it's cool to see those swirls start to dissappear. I probably didn't help his job standing over his shoulder all day saying 'Ooh..there's still one there !'

Hahahaa...

Did cross my mind more than once!

:tu

LOL no worries

Damian very nice job there, I have had mine 2 months and haven't even thought about washing it yet alone giving it some special treatment..shame on me! :finger

Dave I though your Avatar was really you so I am not suprised that you are ginger! :p

Ian, you're probably better off not washing it !! - It's the washing and drying done incorrectly that causes all the damn swirls in the first place - So there's two ways to do it....

a) Wash very carefully with tons of expensive products.
b) Don't bother washing it at all and go for the swampy style 'it'll clean itself after long enough' ;)

I'd like to think I was a bit happier looking than my Avatar, but I might well look like that fter the February night on the beers !

Back