BMW M3 CSL gets the detailfinish

Damon

King Kong
The rare and very capable BMW M3 CSL in Silver Grey.

Although hard to see on this colour, swirls and scratches were present. So the car wash washed, treated with a citrus degreaser to remove tar spots before preparing it for paint correction.

Once all surface contaminates were removed with detailing clay the car was masked and paint corrected.

On the lighter colour cars I often recommend finishing using an acrylic sealant. A sealant will sit on the paintwork and give a really wet look, whereas carnauba will tend to flatten the colour/shine. The other benefit is the acrylic sealant is incredibly long lasting, at least four months, and can be topped using a spray application after each wash.

For this detail I opted to use the Zaino product set for the finishing. Three laters of Zaino Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish with a spritz of Z-6 Ultra Glean Closs Enhancer.

Write up on my site http://detailfinish.co.uk/gallery/bmw-m3-csl.htm includes the Youtube video of the finished car and a nice engine soundtrack :tu

IMG_1206-vi.jpg

IMG_1208-vi.jpg

IMG_1215-vi.jpg

IMG_1220-vi.jpg

IMG_1223-vi.jpg

IMG_1226-vi.jpg

IMG_1231-vi.jpg

IMG_1234-vi.jpg

IMG_1237-vi.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics and the video

Damon
detailfinish.co.uk

Superb job Damon......Faultless infact and I'm a perfectionist.

Car's tucked away in that garage now and covered up...............What am I thinking.

Don't forget....got some more to do in Sept.

thanks again

Le

omen666: I really like your new signature on the pictures, not too small and not too big, great colours, too!

Sorry, just some general feedback!

omen666: I really like your new signature on the pictures, not too small and not too big, great colours, too!

Sorry, just some general feedback!

No worries, thanks for the kind words. They are there as an attempt to stop re-use by other people. I have already found 3 other detailers stealing my pics and using them on there websites.

Bizarrely Mitchell saw a pick of his car used on a win a Porsche flyer!!! :eek: :finger

Superb job Damon......Faultless infact and I'm a perfectionist.

Car's tucked away in that garage now and covered up...............What am I thinking.

Don't forget....got some more to do in Sept.

thanks again

Lee

Thanks Lee

I could tell when I turned up you were a perfectionist, hence my original estimate of being done by 1500 turned into a 1730 finish. It was really worth it and I was proud of the results, IMO the pics don't do it justice, it was smooth as glass.

Thanks for your hospitality, loved the Ginger Beer, and your company during the day was great, nice to meet another great PGTer :tu

Best

Damon

You're welcome Damon

Just got to add that I keep stroking it.......The car that is......Can't believe how silky smooth it is.

Even my 9 yr old son commented.

Think the video is good but the photos show the car in a better light and hence have better clarity.

Looking forward to you doing the bogey green and the orange RS's together......will make a good photo.

You're welcome Damon

Just got to add that I keep stroking it.......The car that is......Can't believe how silky smooth it is.

Even my 9 yr old son commented.

Think the video is good but the photos show the car in a better light and hence have better clarity.

Looking forward to you doing the bogey green and the orange RS's together......will make a good photo.

Damon's good with Orange RS's, he certainly made mine sparkle

Back