Bentley GTC Speed, Audi RS6, Discovery and 2 Porsche 997's detailed.

jk83

Boy Racer
Evening.

I'm bored of xmas now so thought I'd do a bit of a catch up detailing thread.

First up was this new 997 Carrera2. The owner (as more and more are now) decided that the money Porsche wanted for their 'lifeshine' treatment would be better spent on having a detailer (me in this case) properly and carefully prepare the paint before protecting it with 2 layers of Blackfire's Paint Sealant. The wheels and glass were also treated with the relevant sealants and the interior leather was cleaned and conditioned.

StevesPorsche997-02.jpg

These next 4 cars were all for a PGT forum member down in Surrey and were done just after the cold snap started. Thankfully there was a nice warm garage to work in :) Thanks again for having me :tu

First up is a Gloss Enhancement on the RS6.

Before
RostAudiRS6-01.jpg

After
RostAudiRS6-02.jpg

This was again finished with 2 layers of Blackfire's Paint Sealant with the glass, wheels also protected and all the interior leather re conditioned.

RostAudiRS6-05.jpg

Next up was a full correction on the Bentley GT Continental Speed. Paint was corrected with a medium menzerna compound and refined with a finishing polish and a finishing pad. The paint was then protected with 1 layer of the Blackfire Paint Sealant and then 1 layer of our Vintage wax for that extra bit of deep shine.

RostBentleyContinentalGTSpeed-01.jpg

Next up was a new Discovery which needed a couple of spot areas polishing but was then just given a Protection Detail with 2 layers of the Blackfire Paint Sealant. Car was a lovely bronze colour, similar to BMW Sepang Bronze. This photo shows it off best.
RostLandRoverDiscovery-07.jpg

RostLandRoverDiscovery-01.jpg

And lastly from this job a Porsche 997 GT3 3.8. The whole car including the Venture Shield front end received a Gloss Enhancement detail and then 1 layer of Blackfire Paint Sealant and 1 Layer of Vintage wax along with the relevant wheel and glass sealants.

RostPorsche997GT3-01.jpg

RostPorsche997GT3-02.jpg

RostPorsche997GT3-03.jpg

RostPorsche997GT3-04.jpg

6 days work spread over 2 weeks to complete these 4 cars.

Thanks for looking.

Nathan

Great! :yeah:

How does ventureshield respond to the various products you use? If say the ventureshield isn't in a great state and murky compared to the non treated surfaces, are you able to recover it like you can with the vanilla paintwork?

Great! :yeah:

How does ventureshield respond to the various products you use? If say the ventureshield isn't in a great state and murky compared to the non treated surfaces, are you able to recover it like you can with the vanilla paintwork?

Damn I just wrote a reply and it disappeared!! Try again..

The GT3 was actually white not vanilla. My WB was way off in the garage with a white car and strip lighting.

The film can be polished lightly with a finishing polish and keeping an eye on the surface temperatures. You cant correct it as easily as with paint but I was still able to reduce a few marks on the bonnet.

I've not experienced REALLY dull film so cant comment on just how well it would improve.

I know Nick was trialling a product that was supposed to be pretty good at polishing the film but I've not heard the results yet.

Damn I just wrote a reply and it disappeared!! Try again..

The GT3 was actually white not vanilla. My WB was way off in the garage with a white car and strip lighting.

The film can be polished lightly with a finishing polish and keeping an eye on the surface temperatures. You cant correct it as easily as with paint but I was still able to reduce a few marks on the bonnet.

I've not experienced REALLY dull film so cant comment on just how well it would improve.

I know Nick was trialling a product that was supposed to be pretty good at polishing the film but I've not heard the results yet.

When Nick did my turbo few weeks back he had a wax whose name I forget the name of but I bought a bottle...... most of my car was paintshielded around 3yrs ago and its turned quite a milky/dull colour..... so I need to get some of the lustre back.... I may be in touch in the new year re a detail but as far as the wax goes, I haven't applied it yet but Nick used it on my bonnet and it did help.

Back