BDM Lamborghini V10 Exhaust Manifolds by Primary Designs

Backdraft

Boy Racer
We have the Primary Designs Manifolds back from ceramic coating. Zircotec have finished them in Gold for us, which won't be to everyones taste, but shows off the quality of the product.
With the manifolds now here we can start assembling the heads and getting the race engine finished :tu

RH-Ex-Manifold-V10-PD.jpg

BDM-V10-Manifolds.jpg

An important internal detail is the star collector...

Inside-BDM-V10-manifold.jpg

Probably about £10k+ right ?

I'm not exactly sure on price as these are development parts. I think they will be nearer £5k though :tu
Potentially, we are expecting a real improvement with these manifolds. Although like all these kind of projects, they work better with other improved elements. For example we have CNC ported the heads and the monifolds are matched to the new port size. We will also be running new straight through pipes when racing in europe. On top of that the engine has been fully rebuilt with oversize pistons, matched compression, etc etc. We were running 385 BHP GPS at the wheels with a tired engine. I'm hoping to achieve IRO 440 BHP to be spot on our power to weight ratio. At the moment the ECU's are locked, so it really depends how much the ECU can fuel without mapping, so this is where the development side will come in. If needed we will swap over to a Motec system...
When we fully understand the benefits of the manifolds, we will produce them for road cars, assuming the gains are as expected. The one thing to also bear in mind is that the engine will need to come out to remove the OE manifolds.

Back