BA first class....think again!!

Nick W

Daily Smoker
Body Was Wedged In Seat :scared:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A British Airways passenger flying in first class woke up to find he was sitting next to a corpse, it has been reported.

Cabin crew had moved the body of an elderly woman from economy when she died after take-off.

Paul Trinder then watched in horror as the body repeatedly slipped beneath the seat belt onto the cabin floor of the Boeing 747, flying from Delhi to London.

And he could not believe his eyes when stewards wedged the dead woman into her seat with cushions.

Mr Trinder, a BA gold card holder who had paid nearly £4,000 for his seat, said he thought he was dreaming.

"I woke up to see the crew manoeuvering what looked like a sack of potatoes into the seat.

"But slowly through the darkness I realised it was a body," he said.

The building firm boss reportedly complained about the smell of the dead body, and about the wailing family who were all moved from economy to sit with their dead relative.

But he said flight staff simply told him to "get over it".

BA told the Daily Mirror: "We apologise, but our crew were working in difficult circumstances and chose the option they thought would cause least disruption."

Mr Trinder was told the 'corpse policy' would remain in place until someone came up with a better idea.

I've read about this type of thing a few times.
People do die on planes from time to time.
Just think how many millions of pasengers per year fly and statistically it is going to happen.
Neighbour of my parents died on a flight to LA (he had terminal cancer and was off round the world when he took a turn for the worse, he was trying to get back to the UK to drive his Fezza one last time - quite sad).

They tend to put the body in 1st since there is more room and it's a bit more discrete.
It is not just BA, AA and a couple of others have mentioned they have the same policy in the past.
To be fair to the airlines, they haven't got many options.
And they don't want to land somewhere en route with the body since it causes tons of paperwork issues.

I expect they would have offered the guy some compensation, unless he got the hump and started going on about telling the press.

It's happened to someone sitting next to a colleague of mine once, they just put a blanket over the body and left it where it was. J

Back