Autoblog: BMW 135i gets Schnitzered: 360 HP ACS1

monkeyboy

Administrator
Staff member
Filed under: Aftermarket, Tuners, Coupes, BMW

Click the image above for a high-res gallery.

Like everything else from the propeller people, AC Schnitzer gets a stab at improving BMW's products before they're even released to the masses. The formula is the same for the new 135i, boosting power output of the 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged six to 360 HP and 332 lb.-ft. of torque, while simultaneously dropping the 0-60 time to under five seconds and increasing the top speed to 186 mph. The additional power is found with the installation of a new exhaust and some clever ECU tweaks, while the suspension has been replaced with the firm's sports setup that was tuned on the Nurburgring's North Loop by touring car hot shoe Manfred Wollgarten.

The body kit, comprised of a new front spoiler, side skirts, rear wing and roof mounted spoiler, supposedly do wonders for high velocity hoonage, while a set of 19x18.5-inch Type IV "BiColor" wheels wrapped in 225/35R19 rubber keep things planted at speed. Naturally, the interior benefits from a few choice pieces of trim in either aluminum or carbon fiber.

All the details are in the press release after the jump and you can check the gallery below for a handful of high-res images.

Gallery: AC Schnitzer ACS1

Continue reading BMW 135i gets Schnitzered: 360 HP ACS1

Permalink | Email this | Comments
</img> </img>

More...

There's a shock, chip n zorst - 360bhp. Add a decent diff and this will threaten the M3 for ability (even if it does look feminine and gay at the same time)

wish they'd do a 1er with a decent n/a engine

2.0 with 280bhp or so and proper light weight
or the s54 engine and fairly lightweight..........

PLEASE BMW!!!!!!!!

Back