Autoblog: 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 arrives at $37,995

monkeyboy

Administrator
Staff member
Filed under: Car Buying, Coupes, Sports/GTs, Dodge
challengerloulous.jpg

var digg_url = 'http://digg.com/motorsport/2008_Dodge_Challenger_SRT8_pricing_revealed'; As we revealed a few days ago, the first Dodge Challengers to go on sale will only be 2008 SRT8 models. Today we've learned that those 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8s will carry an MSRP of $37,995 (including $675 for destination) and that dealers will begin taking orders for them as early as December 3rd. That's next Monday, people. If you were expecting to have the whole month of December to convince your domestic partner that a Challenger is much more important than Christmas presents, the deadline for that convincing argument has just been moved up.

The 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 will be available in three colors: Black, Silver and HEMI Orange. All will feature the same carbon fiber hood stripes as the concept vehicle, as well. The iconic muscle car that looks poised to beat the Chevy Camaro to market by a good margin is, of course, powered by a 6.1L HEMI V8 that's available with a 5-speed automatic or six-speed manual (though prior reports state you need to wait for the '09 for the latter). While power figures have yet to be revealed, this engine makes 425 horsepower in other SRT8 vehicles.

Stay tuned to us for more info on the 2008 Dodge Challenger as it becomes available, which we promise will be soon. We expect pricing for the rest of the lineup to be announced sometime around the Detroit Auto Show in January. Also check out the Dodge brand's official blog called Red Letter Dodge, as we find information gets posted there first usually.

[Source: Dodge]

Gallery: Dodge Challenger Concept

Continue reading 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 arrives at $37,995

Permalink | Email this | Comments
</img> </img>

More...

Is it bad to want one for commuting?
I like the front and really like the side view, but not 100% about the rear.
I know it will be shite on a track, and at high speed judging by the shape of it (expect some lift), but it should cruise around quite nicely.

Only £18k pounds for 6.1 litres of rumbling V8.

The design is a lot less fussy amd neater than the Camaro.
I think it looks better than the Mustang (of whatever variant - sorry Dave).

Is it bad to want one for commuting?
I like the front and really like the side view, but not 100% about the rear.

Agreed

I know it will be shite on a track, and at high speed judging by the shape of it (expect some lift), but it should cruise around quite nicely.

Only £18k pounds for 6.1 litres of rumbling V8.

Yum yum yum

The design is a lot less fussy amd neater than the Camaro.
I think it looks better than the Mustang (of whatever variant - sorry Dave)

Yep agreed ..

Not often that happens!! :D

It's just a shame it will probably double in price trying to get across the Atlantic, so I guess £38K pounds, which would be too much. Although it would leave a big hole for grey imports.
Plus it will may take until '09 for the manual.

Back