Audi RS6

Twin Turbo version of the Gallardo 5.2 V10 engine:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

530BHP !!!!, when will this end:out

The majority would argue that the S6, with 429bhp, is powerful enough, but Audi doesn’t seem to agree. Two ultra-responsive turbos will be added to the Lambo-derived 5.2-litre V10 from the S6, resulting in an eye-watering 530bhp.

The turbos will make sure that the RS6 isn’t short of twist. The smaller turbo will be tuned for low-revs response, while the bigger blower takes over at higher engine speeds for overtaking wallop. No definitive figures are out yet, but the V10 should be good for at least 500lb ft. That means blistering acceleration in any gear and a BMW M6-rivalling 0-62 dash of around 4.5 seconds and a 155mph top speed. Limited by electronics, naturally.

Andy, the last one was not approved for towing. I know a couple of people who did with no problems, but one had and Audi franchise grumble about it.

indeed darragh!

its a bit odd, why don't audi just re-tuneup the V10 in naturally aspirated form to 550bhp or so.

indeed darragh!

its a bit odd, why don't audi just re-tuneup the V10 in naturally aspirated form to 550bhp or so.

Here's my thoughts on this.....Audi love Turbo charging, they've had a lot of success with it. Also the recent NA cars have had 'limited' success. The B7 RS4 and new S6 are both NA and didn't get unbelievable success. Whereas look at the old RS4/6. They are still big demand cars.

Plus Audi feel I reckon they can't compete with BMW on the NA front. We'll see this soon with the new V8 M3.(Compare with RS4 as the press did talk this comparison up). So they have AMG firmly in their sights, but enjoy the knowledge and reputation for producing more focused, pedigree type turbo charged cars than AMG do.

The new RS6 will be an animal. Modified it will be quite loopey.:evil: Now bear in mind AMG never appealed to me either!!!

Back