Aston Martin DBS Volante detailed

jk83

Boy Racer
Hello.

Just a very short write up with a few cars I have worked on recently. Been pretty busy but with top up jobs and a few enhancement details that were not photographed unfortunately.

I got a call about this DBS though from Aston Martin in Cambridge who said their bodyshop guys had tried to polish it but not been able to achieve a finish that the customer was happy with so could I have a go.

Due to time constraints (started at 7:30 and finished at 5:45 with no breaks or lunch) there are no fancy before and after photos or videos I'm afraid.

The paint was storm black which is about £1000 a litre due to a special mineral to give the red metalic fleck.

Polishes used were Menzerna 106FA and ip3.02 on 3m polishing or finishing pads. The car was finished with Blackfire paint sealant.

AstonMartinDBS-01.jpg

AstonMartinDBS-02.jpg

AstonMartinDBS-03.jpg

AstonMartinDBS-04.jpg

AstonMartinDBS-05.jpg

AstonMartinDBS-06.jpg

AstonMartinDBS-07.jpg

AstonMartinDBS-08.jpg

You may spot the new Rapide in the background. There was an open day on the saturday for the new car and the garage had borrowed a couple of show cars to make the showroom look nice.

x2_f4422f

They actually unloaded this at the back of the carpark and then couldn't get it over the speed bump so had to re load it and bring it nearer to the showroom :lol:

Also recently detailed and not posted up....

This Audi R8
Johns%20Audi%20R8-01.jpg

And this Porsche 997
Gregs%20Porsche%20997-06.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I've never seen that black paint with the fleck in it. What's it like in the flesh, hard to see in pics?

Thanks guys...

I've never seen that black paint with the fleck in it. What's it like in the flesh, hard to see in pics?

The fleck is hard to see in flat light but under any kind of bulb or indeed the sun and its one of the strongest metallic flakes I've seen.

I think from what the guys at the showroom were saying the red fleck is actually in the first layer of lacquer and that is the bit that costs £1000 per litre.

This photo shows it the best

AstonMartinDBS-06.jpg

Great work.

How long will that sort of finish last for with a weekly washing cycle?

Has the Aston been paint corrected?

Tough one on an Aston. With a poor wash it could all be a swirly mess. They don't have the hardest paint in the world and even the black DB9 I look after monthly is starting to show faint drying marks again (although he does wash that himself still and I know the dealers still wash it occasionally)

With any normal car.. As long as the car is pre washed well (IE foamed to soften the dirt and thoroughly pressure rinsed before shampooing) then it can be months (about 18 months swirl free my my grey audi for instance) before another light polish is needed.

Yes this DBS was corrected by myself as the owner didn't like the swirls and the dealer bodyshop couldn't correct them.

With any normal car.. As long as the car is pre washed well (IE foamed to soften the dirt and thoroughly pressure rinsed before shampooing) then it can be months (about 18 months swirl free my my grey audi for instance) before another light polish is needed.

Yes this DBS was corrected by myself as the owner didn't like the swirls and the dealer bodyshop couldn't correct them.

Back