Aston Martin DB9 detailed

jk83

Boy Racer
We did a paint correction detail on this car back in June but never got any decent photos of it outside. I was back this week giving it a top up detail though (paint was still in excellent swirl free condition thanks to a careful wash regime by the owner) so thought I'd dig up the old photos and add the recent outdoors ones.

Before Correction
PaulsAstonMartinDB9-01.jpg

After
PaulsAstonMartinDB9-02.jpg

Before Correction
PaulsAstonMartinDB9-03.jpg

After
PaulsAstonMartinDB9-04.jpg

Before Correction
PaulsAstonMartinDB9-05.jpg

After
PaulsAstonMartinDB9-06.jpg

Before Correction
PaulsAstonMartinDB9-07.jpg

After
PaulsAstonMartinDB9-08.jpg

Originally waxed with Vintage and topped up again this time with Vintage.

The indoor photos are from when it was first corrected and outdoor photos from this past Friday

PaulsAstonMartinDB9-09.jpg

PaulsAstonMartinDB9-10.jpg

PaulsAstonMartinDB9-11.jpg

PaulsAstonMartinDB9-12.jpg

PaulsAstonMartinDB9-13.jpg

PaulsAstonMartinDB9-14.jpg

PaulsAstonMartinDB9-15.jpg

PaulsAstonMartinDB9-16.jpg

Thanks for looking

Despite using the same camera as you Nathan I always wonder why your pics have a cold hard sharpen look to them?

D90?

I sharpen them in photoshop (process resizes, adds the boarder and branding and 25% unsharp mask)

I know lots dont like the sharpened look but I do and when i was learning digital photography was taught (maybe wrongly) so always sharpen after resizing.

D90?

I sharpen them in photoshop (process resizes, adds the boarder and branding and 25% unsharp mask)

I know lots dont like the sharpened look but I do and when i was learning digital photography was taught (maybe wrongly) so always sharpen after resizing.

The amount of unsharpen mask varies with the algorithm you are using to reduce the size, as most reductions will increase the sharpness of an image.

The first picture reminds me of my paint work on my Turbo, must get round to getting someone to have a go at it!

Well If you have a garage large enough to work in, I regularly work in your area. If no garage then your welcome to drop it off in Cambridge for a day or 2.

Lovely work on a lovely car - do you always use the halogen lights or only when the lighting is not great in the garages?

Lovely work on a lovely car - do you always use the halogen lights or only when the lighting is not great in the garages?

Always. And always carry out paint correction indoors.

I have done a hand full of correction jobs outside (at the request of the customer) but you cannot see the swirls as accurately as you can in a darker environment with controlled lighting... and if you cant see them then you don't know if they have been removed fully.

Accurate swirl removal needs the halogen lights and the xenon inspection lamp to check for buffer trails afterwards.

Back