997 Turbo

Damon

King Kong
Did a full detail of Cavanagh's 997 Turbo today, what a car...

Will do a full write up tomorrow, but pics are here

http://public.fotki.com/Omen666/valeting_and_detailing/997turbo/

A couple of nice shots for now....

IMG_6217-vi.jpg

IMG_6199-vi.jpg

IMG_6202-vi.jpg

IMG_6212-vi.jpg

IMG_6223-vi.jpg

IMG_6214-vi.jpg
IMG_6218-vi.jpg

IMG_6207-vi.jpg
IMG_6208-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome job Damon.. Be honest what sort of condition was it in when you started ? Had Porsche delivered it in good nick generally ? how much work was involved ? what will his maintenance be like now ?

Oh and Cavanagh the car's not bad either.. ;) Keep coming back to that rear three quarter shot.. :eek

IMG_6202-vi.jpg

Awesome job Damon.. Be honest what sort of condition was it in when you started ? Had Porsche delivered it in good nick generally ? how much work was involved ? what will his maintenance be like now ?

To be honest it was really poor. I hope you don't mind Cavanagh, but the swirling and scratches I showed you were quite severe for a car of its age. It took a good 3-4 hours machine polishing.

Maintenance will de a doddle, max 20 mins to wash it and return it to this condition.

Before
IMG_6143-vi.jpg

IMG_6162-vi.jpg

After
IMG_6181-vi.jpg

what did you use to take the scratches swirls out? pc or rotary? Just done most of my 996tt with a pc and couldn't get anything to look at it until i got upto ip3.01 menzerna on a 4" spot pad:( Not a quick job!

PC at the moment. I've been using a Rotary for about 6 months on test panels, but I think it reckless to take it near a customer car until much more panel time is done. Some detailers jump straight into a rotary, but they are taking serious chances with their customers cars.

This was hard work, Porsche clearcoat is one of the hardest.

6" Sonus SFX pads, started with Menzerna Final Finish on white pad, didn't get near it. So white with Power Gloss, did the job but I wasn't happy with the micro-marring. So settle on yellow pad with Intensive Polish, finished with Final Finish on a white pad.

IMG_6177-vi.jpg

mate.. the job u do is clearly great and the finish is amazing, but boy u sound like a ladies make up advert sumtimes.. do u us micro quibbles to de oxegenate the endo nanons? :evil:

did you use a ptg? just wondered how much impact the power gloss makes? Used the ip myself and got one of the new menzerna pads which are suppossed to make a huge difference but forgot to order the 5" backing plate, doh! so had to make do with the spot pads s mentioned which is taking me ages. Been at it for over a week now as only getting at it an hour or so at a time. Maybe post some pics up when i'm finished.

did you use a ptg? just wondered how much impact the power gloss makes? Used the ip myself and got one of the new menzerna pads which are suppossed to make a huge difference but forgot to order the 5" backing plate, doh! so had to make do with the spot pads s mentioned which is taking me ages. Been at it for over a week now as only getting at it an hour or so at a time. Maybe post some pics up when i'm finished.

PTG yes, only 2-3 micron's, less is more with adding to the pads, I think you'll be fine if you reduce the amount of product and clean off pads every 2-3 panels.

I did us the Menz pads on the doors as a trial, need a bit more time with them, so reverted back.

good to here its not taking much off, might give me a bit more confidence to remove some of my deeper marks. Just seen your post in "show it off" too ;)

It must be hard working on these lush cars all the time! Lovely job by the way - I love learning about this sort of stuff being an amateur detailer myself. :)

Somebody deleted my post for Scooby. :rolleyes:

There were some good tips on there for his PC and applying technique. Send me a PM if you would like me to write it out again for you. :confused:

Back