1974 2.7 Carrera - Restored

pht9

Boy Racer
We have just completed a restoration on a lovely 1974 2.7 Carrera, for those that know their Porsche these cars were mechanically identical to the previous years 2.7RS touring. USA legislation for the 5mph Impact test forced Porsche to develop a solution, the result was the 'Impact Bumper' cars from 1974-1989

Nice bit of history and Nostalgia :)

6113746902_5e2cf5388a.jpg

6113748764_09867864c5.jpg

6113216477_6fa7273b2a.jpg

That's lovely Phil, great colour.

I've its successor here (76 Carrera 3 in silver) to restore sometime, planning on making a start on it next year, the impact bumper cars finally seem to be hitting their stride.

The colour is 'Acid Blau' also referred to as Bahama Blue, it was a special order colour for the 1974MY

Ref the questions on Price - I never said it was for sale :finger

Fair point.

Thing is, it's for sale on your website...poa?

So spill!

Last edited:
Fair point.

Thing is, it's for sale on your website...poa?

So spill!

The thread was to show a beautiful car, not to advertise it For-Sale :D

If anyone has GENUINE interest to buy a car like this, then I will discuss it, but the sales price has not been set, as there is no other car in the market like it, so it is quite hard to value :dontknow:

The car is fairly unique in that although it was German delivered in Jan 1974, it was sold to a USAF pilot, who then shipped it to SOCAL, where it has lived its life. We restored the car back to its original delivery specification, as over the years (as so often happens) fashion and taste command that a 1970's blue with bright anodised and chrome detail is not the 'current look' so it was repainted black :wall, all the trims blacked :wall, interior removed :wall (as it is a 'blue/black' leatherette-see pic) etc. The car was in incredible structural condition for its age, but the specification was not as delivered, and nowadays, a rare car like this demands to be as delivered.

So, I get to my point that in its current condition, there is nothing else in the market to compare it to.
BUT, if we start to talk numbers, this particular car did not need anything major, and although I have not seen the final numbers on the build, it was around a £30k restoration.
I have seen a few 74 Carreras for sale, none of them restored, and not to this level of detail, they start at around £50k for a UK car or in Europe Mobile.de about €60kplus for LHD. Take into account the resto cost, its min £80k+, then the desireability factor of the spec and colour :yum:, plus some profit :D and we have a talking point

These cars will be bullet proof long term investments, as the '73 Touring is north of £200k

thanks for the positive comments, it was intended to share some pictures of a piece of Porsche history

here is a quick look at our next project...

6118079386_d9a90fa0b1.jpg

Back