1960s Houses

Popey

Commando
Are they coming back into fashion?

The reason I say this is, every advert on the tv now seems to show 1960s style houses, Virgin Broadband for example, I only notice because I bought one last year, but I'm hell bent on changing it to look more modern because I think they look awful, but the local planning don't want me to, I even considered knocking it down and rebuilding.

I agree, I don't know why the planning officers want me to keep it as is though, both neighbouring properties are 18th century, madness!

I agree, I don't know why the planning officers want me to keep it as is though, both neighbouring properties are 18th century, madness!

Planners hate change.

Best improvement you could do to it is accidentally reverse over it with a bulldozer.

If it happened to burn down whilst you were on holiday it would be a rebuild , would give you more freedom, we wanted to buy a derict house a few years ago but planners insisted on no more than 10% increase in floor area , it was a 2 bed colonial bungalow still with an outside loo, went to auction and went for good money considering the restrictions , 2 weeks after the auction whilst the purchaser was away it burnt to the ground leaving a huge stain on the ground, replacement was a chalet bungalow with at least 3x the original footprint. Bastards, plot was stunning

Back